Annual ticket refund policy

Posted about 2 months ago by Tania Stevenson

Post a topic
T
Tania Stevenson

Having just tried to enter some correspondence with NET regards obtaining part refund on a season ticket has revealed a comical policy loophole in which it actually costs a customer more to cancel the ticket than it would to keep it running.

I purchased a January offer annual ticket for £450 this year, and due to medical reasons, I’ll be unable to work for the remaining 4 months, hence my request for an part refund.

The reply was at first, a laugh. The formula is based on a full-price annual ticket and months, so it directly discriminates and disadvantages those who are early birds and who pay a whole year up front.

You have used 8 months of the ticket so the calculations are as per below: £450 (the price you purchased the ticket) - £525 (£375 for a 6 months season pass + 2 months season pass(£75 each month))

so…I’d owe NET £75

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
Luke Taylor

Luke Taylor posted about 2 months ago Admin

Hi Tania and Cameron.

Just to clarify, you wouldn't owe us anything, but the calculator takes into account the reduction in price offered for a full year against the price of tickets purchased to make up the time you have used so far. If you only wanted to cover 8 months, the only way would have been to purchase a 6 month pass and 2 monthly passes. 

The yearly ticket was offered at a massive discount. The best option would be to leave the card active. I understand you may not be using the card as much, but you may need it for the odd journey here and there.

Our terms and conditions state that we do not offer refunds on season tickets, but may offer a refund under exceptional circumstances (if it was clear you were unable to use our services moving forward). This would be based on the calculations you have mentioned in your comments. More information on the refund policy can be found here: Terms and Conditions

I'm sorry if you think this is unfair, but hopefully you can still make use of the remaining months.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Luke Taylor

Customer Experience Manager

0 Votes

C

Cameron Thomas posted about 2 months ago

This can’t be true, that’s daft. It’s not a refund if you have to pay, that’d be silly.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment