Last updated 5th of October 2023
Parking enforcement, which may also include vehicle clamping is now in operation in our park-and-ride sites (From October 2022).
Our park and ride sites are for the sole use of tram ticket holders. If you are parking in one of our park-and-ride sites, you must have a valid tram ticket or a travel card which has been scanned for your journey from the point of parking. Leaving your vehicle without using the NET system may result in your vehicle being clamped. For information regarding overnight parking, you may wish to read this article: Can I park my vehicle overnight?
- Can I park my vehicle and walk/use Nottingham Wind Link E-scooters to get to my destination? No. You will need a valid NET ticket, scanned travel card or in-date season pass
- Can I park my vehicle and visit the local area without using the NET tram system? No. You will need a valid NET ticket, scanned travel card or in-date season pass*
- Can I make a single tram journey from the park and ride site and walk back to my car? Yes
- Can I walk to my destination, then make a single tram journey back to the park and ride? No. You must purchase your ticket from the park and ride site at the time your vehicle is parked.
- I live near a park and ride site. Can I leave my vehicle parked at a park-and-ride site?
- Can I park for a short period of time in order to pick somebody up? You may park in order to drop off or pick up from our park and ride site if at least one person in your party is using the NET system
- Can I park and use local bus/train services? No. You will need a valid NET ticket, scanned travel card or in-date season pass. Exceptions apply**
- Can I park and walk to a different short-hop zone, away from the park and ride? No. you must purchase a ticket from the park-and-ride site
- Can I leave my vehicle in the park and ride whilst I go on holiday/leave the city? Only if you have a valid in-date season ticket. See also Can I park my vehicle overnight? for further information
*You must have a ticket valid for a journey and must not purchase a ticket upon returning to the park and ride site in order to avoid parking enforcement.
**You may park at the Wilkinson Street park and ride in order to use the Medi-Link bus. You may also park at the Hucknall park and ride in order to use the train services.
You are not permitted to leave your vehicle in a NET park-and-ride site without using the tram services. Doing so may result in your vehicle being clamped. Once you have parked your car, you must proceed directly to use the NET system.
Your vehicle may also be clamped for the following reasons:
- Vehicles parked outside of the designated parking bays
- Vehicles blocking other vehicles
- Vehicles parked in disabled bays without a visible blue badge
- Vehicles without valid TAX, MOT or insurance
- Vehicles parked on the pedestrian walkways
- Vehicles parked on grass verges or areas away from the designated parking bays
- Non-electric vehicles parked in the 'electric vehicles only' spaces
Vehicle parking enforcement is carried out by CPS Midlands Ltd
If you have been left a parking notice and you wish to speak to somebody about the reasons for this notice being issued, please contact CPS Midlands. If you have parked within a designated parking bay and have used the NET tram services, you will also need to include a copy of your NET tram ticket or a photo of your travel card which was used for a journey on the NET system.
Telephone: 0808 188 9090
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article