Do you have a tram-tastic suggestion?

Posted over 1 year ago by Luke Taylor

Post a topic
Luke Taylor
Luke Taylor Admin

We always love hearing suggestions and feedback. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

These suggestions could include the following:

• New tickets or travel passes that cover different travel requirements
  • Possible network extensions
  • Recommendations for our drivers or ticket inspectors
  • Ways in which we can better communicate service delays or disruptions
  • Ways you can raise complaints of poor behaviour you have witnessed on the tram
  • A new feature you would like to see on our NET GO! app

What's your suggestion? Let's start a conversation....

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
Luke Taylor

Luke Taylor posted 9 months ago Admin

Live location is also something I've wanted since working for the trams. We can see a live view in our control room, but getting that translated and put onto an app or the internet is apparently very complex. 

I'll share your thoughts with our app developers though and maybe someday we'll have live tram locations available.

In the meantime, I would suggest sharing your live location data with your family via Google Maps. It works a treat!

Thank you for the suggestion Alex

0 Votes

A

Alex Szurek posted 9 months ago

Hi there! I have a feature for the net go app. It would be nice to see the location of the tram to help your friends or family that live in a different region get on the same tram as you will. 

0 Votes

Luke Taylor

Luke Taylor posted about 1 year ago Admin

Hi Hugh. Thanks for this suggestion. I have to admit, I hadn't noticed that before, even after spending quite some time on Google maps myself.

Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check it out and hopefully Google can fix the issue.

All the best

Luke

NET Customer Experience Manager

0 Votes

H

Hugh Atkin posted about 1 year ago

Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this but thought I'd reach out here.

I've noticed that the location of some tram tracks are missing from Google Maps data. The tracks up to Phoenix Park and Hucknall are present, but the Clifton branch stops short just before Southchurch drive, and the Toton Lane branch is missing entirely after Nottingham Station.

When the required information is missing, Google Maps makes a best guess on where the tram tracks should go, but between the station and QMC this follows the National Rail tracks. While not a pressing issue, this should be a simple fix that improves readability of probably the most popular ways people plan their routes using public transport.

NET already have an existing relationship with Google, as transit data such as timetables is available through the app. Your team can reach out here: https://support.google.com/transitpartners/answer/1111471?hl=en

Many thanks,

Hugh
Avid tram enjoyer and part-time google maps fixer

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment